Vidalink, the leading Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) company in Brazil, is dedicated to improving access and adherence to prescription drug treatments for its members. Vidalink's founders identified Brazil as the largest potential PBM market outside of the United States based on the size of the private healthcare market (second largest in the world in terms of number of beneficiaries) and the lack of subsidized pharmacy benefits in the private sector (most Brazilians pay for their drugs 100% out-of-pocket). They founded Vidalink in early 2000 after extensive analysis of the U.S. PBM industry and adaptation of the business model to meet the needs of the Brazilian healthcare sector.
The company introduced the concept of subsidizing the cost of prescription drugs in Brazil as a way of improving the quality of life while reducing overall healthcare costs and avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations of individuals that cannot afford their drug treatments. In addition, Vidalink increases sales for its partners that include over 15,000 integrated pharmacies as well as the leading pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors, intermediating over US$ 500 million per year of prescription drug sales.
Vidalink has three business divisions:
- Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) Services
- Services for employers, HMO’s, health insurers, and third-party administrators
- Administration of subsidies and payroll deduction benefits for prescription drug purchases
- Over 150 clients including: Ambev, Caterpillar, Deloitte, Goodyear, IBM, Peugeot-Citroen, and Volvo
- Identification of members with chronic diseases and implementation of strategies to help them stay on their medications
- Convida - Vidalink´s Chronic Patient Compliance Program that includes mail-order convenience
- Convida Specialty - focused on specialty/high-cost drugs including oral oncology
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Services
- Design, implementation and management of highly customized Patient Access and Support Programs for leading pharmaceutical drug manufacturers such as Aché, Chiesi, Johnson & Johnson, Medley, Moksha8, Novo Nordisk, Roche, Sanofi, and Servier
- Retail Pharmacy Services
- Vidalink’s front-end system is used by Brazil’s leading retail pharmacy chains to participate in the federal government’s program “Farmácia Popular” and concentrates 30% of the program´s total sales volume
- The “Farmácia Popular” program allows citizens to obtain a wide variety of mature drugs with government subsidies of up to 100% at retail pharmacies
- Pharmacy retailers that utilize Vidalink´s solution include Catarinense, Drogaria São Paulo, Drogasil, Grupo Pão de Açucar, São Bento and Walmart in addition to hundreds of independent drugstores
Vidalink is recognized for its exemplary corporate governance (S.A., audited by big 4 firm since year of inception, etc) and for having the greatest combined PBM experience of any PBM management team in Brazil.
The company is backed by a distinguished group of financial and strategic investors:
||Ranked #13 on the Fortune 500 list in 2012 with over US$ 123 billion in revenues, CVS Caremark is the largest integrated pharmacy healthcare company in the United States and operates in three business segments: Retail Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Retail Health Clinics
CVS Caremark’s retail pharmacy and PBM services businesses accounted for 22.8% of nation’s total prescription revenues in 2012
Founded over 60 years ago , Grupo Martins is one of the most respected companies and one of the largest wholesalers in Brazil
Serves over 200,000 retailers with coverage in 100% off Brazilian municipalities
Rio-based venture capital fund whose management team created Gávea Investimentos (controlled by J.P. Morgan Asset Management)